Saturday, May 24, 2014

Boredom Busters

 Make up a Ghost story!
 Or find a ghost story to tell your friends and family right before bedtime!
Twas a dark and stormy night when the "clickety clack," "clickety clack" of the tree branches slapped the roof of the house. Somehow it sounded like it was inside the house and not outside. I hunkered down in my bed with the covers pulled over my head....
Take a look at the art of storytelling with one of my favorites by Mark Twain, The Golden Arm. My Mom would tell this story so well that the surprise at the end would have my jumping out of my seat!

 It's time! 
The fairies are arriving in Durango (probably your town too) and are looking for the perfect gardens to make their home. I think there are a lot of fairies arriving from Texas and Arizona where it gets so hot in the summer. They really like it here! Add a doorway, a window, and perhaps a table and chairs to welcome these tiny creatures at your house!
Who knows? The fairies may even have a dog....
Oh yeah, it's flip flop season!
 Why not design your own footwear and make your own unique fashion statement?
This  one looks Delish don't ya think? 
Lettuce decorate your flip flops?
Some felt, some blingy beadery, some glitter, and a healthy portion of imagination will make your design one of a kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment