Friday, January 25, 2013

How many hats?

Well 'ello there matey! 
At the end of the day, when the door gets locked this is the hat I wear to swab the decks! Why? Because it is far more fun for me to swab the deck than it is to mop the floor! I wear this one too on sloppy days to try to keep the floor a little drier and cleaner during the day.

How many hats did you wear today? I think I started today with my I-think-I'll-have-coffee-and-play-with-the dog (Rowdy) hat, followed by my I'll go meet the new Director of BID hat, followed by my errand hat, followed by my "let's open the store" hat, followed by my let's do paperwork (the most boring hat) hat, followed by my Guest services hat, my cleaning hat, my data entry hat, my PR hat, my shopping hat, my cashier hat, my gift wrapper hat, and finally the best hat of all.... my let's play hat!

I'm really excited about wearing my shopping hat today because that means new toys and games are gonna show up here in a week or so. I began the process by looking through some new product catalogs that have been delivered to us from some companies that we have never featured before.
Sure, you may be familiar with some of these things but we've searched long and hard to be able to offer these in Historic Downtown Durango. At reasonable prices too! Alas, I must keep some secrets and I am not very good at it!

I got to talk to some of my favorite people today too, people who know toys, love toys, and breathe toys. The people who help us select and purchase toys that work for some really cool toy companies. Sure, it's their job but they actually do the fact-finding for us and then present us with the latest and greatest.

All the new toy catalogs are arriving daily! It's a tough job but someone has to do it! What's more, Toy Fair is coming up real soon in New York and it's the biggest toy show of the year. We won't be attending but some of our companies will be unveiling their hottest coolest toys and games for the year. It is an exciting time to wear all the hats of a toy store owner.

When I get home I'll be able to wear my cook's hat! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment