Friday, June 21, 2013

Flashback Friday

 It's such a beautiful morning and I so enjoyed my stroll down the boulevard of 3rd avenue. Sigh.
What could be better than starting my day by playing ball with Rowdy in the backyard before
I even consider coming into town?
Really, come into town and going to spend my day in a toy store. How can you call that work? Pinch me!
Besides, the two sisters who were here this morning helped start the day on the right foot with their preschool discussion of having mustaches... that's why you open the doors! 
That reminds me of Jacob...
 Jacob was visiting Durango a couple of years ago with Mom & Dad. We became friends almost immediately and I learned that Jacob was allergic to real dogs but he wanted a dog of his own in the worst way! He bonded with a giant  plush retriever while he was here and even had me put his new friend in the office so we could take really good care of him until Jacob returned.
So we took care of him until Jacob came in to adopt him a couple days later..... a happy ending!
Sum, sum, sum, sum, summmmmmmmerrrrrrtime! 
Or is it sun, sun, sun,sun, sunnnnnnnnnnnnnerrrrrrtime?
 I suppose that isn't necessarily true for Colorado with 300+ days 
of sunshine year round.... nonetheless,I wonder if the strawberries are ready in the garden. I get so distracted when I leave the
 house I forget to look.... we had one last week and we ate it! 
No, it was savored! 
As tiny as it was,
I savored the fruit of the sun.... yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment